1. Fill a large pot with water, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, and bring to a boil.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slick a 9-by-13-inch pan with a little olive oil. Lay out two kitchen towels.
3. Add noodles to boiling water, swishing gently so they don’t stick. Boil 2 minutes, then add the asparagus, fresh peas and favas. (For frozen peas, just place them in a colander in the sink.) Boil 1 minute. Add sugar snap peas and boil 1 minute more. Drain into a colander (directly over the frozen peas, if using). Using tongs, immediately lift out 4 noodles and place them in the pan in a single layer. Place the other noodles on a towel in a single layer. Leave vegetables in the colander.
4. Run cold water over the vegetables until they are cool. Transfer them to the other kitchen towel and pat dry.
5. Combine the ricotta and mozzarella in a bowl. Place 2 Tbsp. olive oil and the garlic in a small microwave safe bowl, cover and zap for 30 seconds; stir it into the ricotta. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
6. To assemble the lasagna, spread half the pesto over the noodles in the pan. Spoon half the ricotta mixture here and there over the pesto, trying to get it fairly evenly distributed. There will be gaps. Scatter half the vegetables on top. Sprinkle with a little more than half the Parmesan. Top with remaining noodles and repeat the layers, ending with a light scattering of Parmesan.
7. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until heated through and lightly golden.
[NOTES from my first attempt: I used 10 noodles, no fava beans (a little extra asparagus instead), low fat ricotta, regular pesto]
BOB Home Page
BOB Recipes Page